We are proud to announce this year’s honoree is 1972 Jefferson graduate and founding member of the Alexandria Cardinal Athletic Foundation, Rich Nodland.
- Was born in Alexandria and has lived here his entire life
- Married to Colleen
- Three children: Jennifer, Richard Jr., and Ryan.
- All three children graduated from Jefferson Sr. High School and received athletic scholarships to attend college.
- Three grandchildren: Will, Wade, and Wyatt.
- Participated in football, basketball, and track at Jefferson, and was a captain and all-conference in all three sports.
- Attended college at Moorhead State University where he played football and participated in track.
- President/Owner of Nodland Construction Company which is a 3rd generation family business and has been in operation for 95 years.
- Nodland Construction has been a 75 year member of the Associated General Contractors of Minnesota.
- Avid sportsman, hunter, and fisherman.
- Life sponsor of Ducks Unlimited.
- A member of St. Mary’s Church
- Worked with Cap Paciotti to create the Cardinal Athletic Foundation.
- Helped make improvements to the football field and installation of new lights for the field.
- Instrumental in building the weight room at Jefferson.
- Helped coach youth basketball and football.
- Supporter of Cardinal Athletics, Dollars for Scholars, Senior Party, United Way, and the YMCA.